Clinical Practice, Management & Education
Are you a clinical or managerial practitioner working within an integrated healthcare team? Are you looking to enhance your career or diversify your current role? Our MSc, PGDip or PGCert in Clinical Practice, Management and Education will provide you with the skill sets needed for future roles in the health and social care sectors.
We have worked with a wide range of clinicians and managers from across the health and social care economy to design a flexible course that meets your specific needs and responds to the challenges faced by the health and social care sectors.
Underpin your career progression and develop a multi-strand career that works in tandem with your clinical practice.
According to the British Medical Association (BMA)*, a framework for career progression has a positive impact on recruitment and retention, particularly where there are opportunities to work flexibly or to pursue portfolio careers.
*BMA Consultation Response: Facing the facts, shaping the future – a draft health and social care workforce strategy for England to 2027
Why study with us
- Study in bite-sized chunks at the University’s Preston campus. Flexible, modular study enables you to progress at your own pace, up to 4 years part-time.
- Join a vibrant academic community made up of clinicians and managers from across health and social care.
- Convert previous Continuing Professional Development (CPD) study into academic credits towards your postgraduate award. Supplement those credits by choosing from a wide range of modules and build a course that’s suited to your needs and those of your organisation.
What you'll do
- You will be taught by experienced and practising clinicians, academics and tutors from the University and Health Education England North West.
- Have great opportunities to learn and network with others and share experiences and perspectives.
- Develop transferable skills, knowledge and techniques to take back to utilise in your organisation and future career.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care.
The Clinical Practice, Management, and Education programme enables you to develop your academic and workplace-based skillset, thereby enhancing your professional profile and prospects.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Medicine located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page