Our doctorate qualification in Clinical Studies is designed to empower healthcare practitioners to drive change and innovation in their workplace by applying cutting-edge research to real-life practice.
Why study with us
- This course forms a bridge between theoretical research paradigms and real-life experience from the workplace.
- This course is delivered flexibly through blended learning, including interactive online learning sessions, so you can combine your studies with your professional commitments.
- You will be supported by academics and clinicians who have a wealth of experience in the healthcare sector.
What you'll do
- You’ll participate in a programme symposium which will enable practice in skills of presentation, focussed discussion of your topic and interaction with other students.
- You’ll develop the skills and knowledge to carry out research in a clinical practice setting by analysing and critiquing the philosophical dimensions of research methodology.
- You’ll cover current research techniques, enabling you to develop and advance your understanding of clinical practice theories and concepts in real world settings.
At Level 7 you'll choose to complete MB4066 and MB4022 or MB4060 and MB4003.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care. The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
This doctorate qualification will empower you to deliver change and innovation with your practice environment and advance your career.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Medicine located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page