Our MSc Clinical Periodontology programme is the ideal course for dentists looking to introduce more advanced periodontal treatment within their practice. You’ll get an authentic clinical training and education which means you’ll be equipped to provide safe and appropriate periodontal treatment as part of your clinical practice.
Why study with us
- You’ll get 20 days of supervised clinical training, delivered by experienced clinicians and educators.
- Much of the academic teaching is delivered through a modern, online delivery model.
- You’ll graduate with an MSc Periodontology from a UK university that’s well known as a provider of high quality clinical training and education.
Gallery01 / 01
What you'll do
- You will be able to study whilst you continue working as much of the academic content is delivered online.
- You’ll plan and treat real patients referred by local dental practitioners in our University Dental Clinic, under the direct clinical supervision of experienced consultants and specialists.
- You will enjoy a teaching faculty led by Dr Flavio Pisani, a highly experienced specialist and academic periodontist.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
Your teaching team
Academic teaching is provided with a blend of Online lectures, Seminars and Self-study from home together with Lab training on different types of simulators to improve practical skills in nonsurgical and surgical procedures. Clinical training is highly supported with a one-to-one ratio starting from full case assessment and treatment planning to the most contemporary techniques for NSPT, surgical management, and soft tissue manipulation around teeth and implants in the modern and full technology-equipped UCLan Dental clinic.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Dentistry located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page