If you wish to follow this route you must initially apply for MSc Cancer Biology and Therapy and successfully complete the first semester modules. This course will provide you with an in depth theoretical and practical knowledge of the biological processes associated with cancer and the development of new therapies.
Why study with us
- On this course you’ll extend your knowledge and understanding of the biology of cancer, advances in prognosis, diagnosis and treatment, and give you an appreciation of pertinent legislative and ethical issues.
- The School is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment based in our Biomedical Research Facility and the Biological Sciences Laboratories (Teaching), that will enhance your research experience.
- You will be taught by internationally-recognised research-active scientists, who are experts in a range of cancer disciplines.
Gallery01 / 03
What you'll do
- As well as core lectures, you’ll be invited to attend the Postgraduate School Research Seminar Series and Research Theme days featuring both internal and visiting speakers.
- You’ll be given the opportunity to attend the annual Brain Tumour North West meeting, held in Preston in December each year.
- You’ll develop a range of laboratory and transferable skills sought-after by pharmaceutical and biomedical industries or required for a future career in academia or research.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
This postgraduate course will prepare you for further study to PhD level or a career in the biotechnology industries.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page