Theatre & Performance
Turn performance from a passion into a profession, with a practice-based course that will unleash your creativity and help you join the next generation of actors and theatre makers.
Why study with us
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Theatre and Performance is ranked 1st in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Our Drama, Dance and Cinematics courses are ranked 2nd in the North West for graduate prospects – Complete University Guide 2023.
- This course has links to international festivals, offering the opportunity to visit and perform as part of your studies.
Discover our Theatre and Performance course
What you'll do
- Your practical classes will be delivered in our multi-million-pound facility – the Media Factory – which offers state-of-the-art ‘black box’ theatres.
- As well as the practical work, the honours route also includes a piece of extended research, either in the form of a written dissertation or a documented practice-based project.
- With your tutor’s support, you’ll devise, perform and direct small group productions in public, as well as performing in the final productions of level-three students.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Whether you see your future performing on the stage or creating behind the scenes, our BA (Hons) Theatre and Performance course offers a vital step – with key connections, skills and experience.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page