Prepare to work globally and digitally with our hands-on Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) with a Modern Language degree with professional qualification opportunities.
Why study with us
- 3rdin the UK for student satisfactionComplete University Guide (Linguistics)
- 3rdin the UK for academic supportNational Student Survey (Teacher Training) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- An opportunity to qualify as a Trinity CertTESOL teacher by the end of Year 2 at no additional cost.
- Our course team includes researchers and practitioners with experience and expertise in teaching in the UK and internationally.
- Spend an optional period abroad in Year 3 to develop your language skills, cultural awareness and network. You’ll study at a university, do a work placement or work as a teaching assistant on your period abroad.
What you'll do
- Interactive workshops and live observations of real English language classes focussing on theories and practice.
- Practical, work-based experience from Year 1 to develop your employability profile.
- You’ll be taught by highly qualified, research active academics in state-of-the-art facilities, with a resource centre for language learning and teacher development.
Lynn Everson gives her advice to language students
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Hear from our students
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by Trinity College London and enables you to gain the internationally recognised Trinity Cert TESOL certificate, which qualifies you to teach English to speakers of other languages, opening up exciting career opportunities all over the world.
Your BA (Hons) TESOL with a Modern Language degree gives you opportunities all over the world and online.
Our graduates have gone on to enjoy successful careers in teaching (UK or overseas), education management, publishing, the civil service, translation and interpreting. Many of our graduates are now working overseas.
If you choose a career elsewhere, you will have acquired many transferable skills which will be highly valued.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Humanities
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page