Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) with Applied Linguistics
Building on your previous English language teaching experience, the MA in TESOL and Applied Linguistics will allow you to move on to posts which demand more specialised subject knowledge and often more responsibility and interest. This course is offered on campus full-time and via distance learning part-time.
Why study with us
- You have the choice between the face-to-face full-time course at the Preston campus, taking one year or the part-time route via distance mode, taking at least 3 years. The flexibility can match your current needs and available time for study.
- You will be studying with other students who also already have teaching experience, allowing you to share experience, learn from each other and build a professional network.
- You’ll work in small groups of British and international students, so you’ll really get to know each other and your tutors, allowing you to reach your potential.
What you'll do
- You will take 7 modules and then write a dissertation on a topic of your choice, fully supported by a supervisor.
- You will use your self-study time to read around the topics of each module to extend your knowledge and understanding.
- You will develop your critical thinking and academic argumentation skills.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
TESOL with Applied Linguistics opens doors to those who want to teach, travel and work in different countries including the UK, Japan, Malaysia, China, Thailand and Saudi Arabia.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page