Policing, Law Enforcement & Investigation (Foundation Entry)
Do you have a strong sense of justice and the ability to diffuse tension in stressful situations? ThePolicing, Law Enforcement, and Investigation Foundation Entry Degree could be the course for you.
Why study with us
- CSI modules include fingerprint recovery and identification, crime scene photography, and recovery and analysis of trace evidence such as hairs, fibres and body fluids.
- Our School has outstanding facilities including a new Hydra Minerva Suite, as well as three interconnected scenes of crime houses and a garage vehicle examination bay.
- You’ll have a number of options for studying high-level crime investigation and ethics, and you’ll produce a dissertation on a relevant subject.
A day in the life of a Policing student
School of Justice Celebration of Success Event
What you'll do
- Study overseas for one semester in the Police Academies in Prague, Budapest or Szczytno, giving you an international perspective as well as enhancing your CV.
- Add a sandwich year to study Criminal Justice subjects in countries such as the USA, Canada and Australia.
- As part of our pioneering collaboration with Lancashire Constabulary, you will have the opportunity to shadow a crime scene investigator as they conduct their work.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View our course facilities
We have graduates in numerous different UK police services as well as other UK and international law enforcement agencies and the military.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Justice located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page