Our Law with Criminology degree will suit those who wish to achieve a recognised legal qualification. It is an excellent starting point if you’re thinking of a career with a specific criminological interest.
Why study with us
- Preston is the second largest city in the UK for conducting trials, second only to London. Examples include the Cregan, Bulger, and Shipman trials. You can visit the courts and go behind the scenes.
- You will be taught by leading academics and by staff who are professionally qualified and research active.
- We've been providing innovative legal education for over half a century.
Law students access a range of employer opportunities
A day in the life of a Law student
What you'll do
- Our Pro Bono Clinic, Business Law Clinic and Mediation Clinic give you first-hand experiences of legal practice; providing countless opportunities of dealing with real cases.
- Option modules in both law and criminology allow you to hone in on areas of interest relevant to your future career aspirations. An optional module in Year 3 means you can spend a period in law related work placements.
- Development opportunities include taking part in mooting competitions, undertaking work placements, mini-pupillages and attending Summer Schools.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Law with Criminology course facilities
Future careers in Law and Criminology
Successful completion of our LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology course provides you with the basis to undertake the next stage of training as a barrister (the Bar Professional Training Course) or in becoming a solicitor.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary