Policing, Law Enforcement & Investigation
Interested in working in law enforcement? Our Policing, Law Enforcement and Investigation degree may be the right fit for you. By gaining specialist knowledge and practical experience, we'll prepare you to enter an exciting career.
Why study with us
- You’ll learn from a team of experienced academics as well as serving and former police officers.
- As part of our collaboration with Lancashire Constabulary, you can gain experience shadowing a crime scene investigator.
- Our Social Sciences courses are ranked 2nd in UK for academic support with 83% student satisfaction - National Student Survey (NSS) 2022.
A day in the life of a Policing student
Discover our Policing courses
Policing, Law Enforcement and Investigation gallery01 / 02
What you'll do
- You’ll get an introduction to criminal law, the English legal system and forensic science. Alongside a range of topics around policing and criminal investigation.
- Learn about a range of investigation skills, criminalistics and contemporary policing issues. And you'll produce a dissertation on a topic that interests you.
- Want to spend time abroad? Whether it's studying policing with one of our partner universities in the USA, Australia or Europe, or going to a Police Academy in either Prague or Budapest for a semester.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Careers in Policing, Law Enforcement and Investigation
Build a career in delivering justice for our communities, with a Policing and Criminal Investigation degree. You'll gain scientific skills, specialist knowledge and hands-on experience.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Justice located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page