Our LLB Law degree provides the essential training you’ll need to become a successful solicitor or barrister. You’ll learn about ground-breaking research topics such as war crime trials and women in prison.
Why study with us
- Experience behind the scenes by shadowing a judge at Preston Combined Courts as part of our Judge Marshalling Scheme.
- You can practice your knowledge in our Pro Bono, Mediation and Business Law Clinics and experience first-hand legal practice.
- Learn in our moot court room, practice presenting cases, take part in trials and learn how to conduct yourself in a court of law.
About the LLB Law degree
- Our Pro Bono Law Clinic, Business Clinic and Mediation Clinic give you first-hand experiences of legal practice, providing countless opportunities to deal with real cases.
- Each year we organise a dedicated law careers fair which is supported by a range of employers from the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to County Councils and solicitors’ firms.
- You’ll enhance your experience through travel. You could visit the European Commission in Brussels, the European Parliament and the European Commission in Luxembourg.
A day in the life of a Law student
Discover our Advice and Resolution Centre (ARC)
- LW1982: Introduction to Professional Skills and Employability
- LW1983: English and EU Legal Systems
- LW1984: Criminal Law
- LW1985: Contract Law
- LW1987: Law and Emerging Technology
- LW1988: Legal Method
LW1982: Introduction to Professional Skills and Employability
To support the development of skills necessary for the effective study of law and a graduate career and to introduce you to work-related learning.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View Law degree course facilities
Gallery01 / 02
Future careers in Law
Successful completion of our LLB Law degree can provide you with the basis to undertake the next stage of training as a barrister (the Bar Professional Training Course) or in becoming a solicitor. The degree is also valued in careers in management, banking, retail, marketing and more.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary