Our LLB Law degree provides the essential training you’ll need to become a successful solicitor or barrister. You’ll learn about ground-breaking research topics such as war crime trials and women in prison.
Why study with us
- 1st in the North West. Our Law courses are ranked 1st in the North West for individual support* (*Number of students per member of teaching staff Guardian University Guide, 2021)
- You can practice your knowledge in our Pro Bono, Mediation and Business Law Clinics and experience first-hand legal practice.
- Learn in our moot court room, practice presenting cases, take part in trials and learn how to conduct yourself in a court of law.
About the LLB Law degree
- Our Pro Bono Law Clinic, Business Clinic and Mediation Clinic give you first-hand experiences of legal practice, providing countless opportunities to deal with real cases.
- Each year we organise a dedicated law careers fair which is supported by a range of employers from the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to County Councils and solicitors’ firms.
- You’ll enhance your experience through travel. You could visit the European Commission in Brussels, the European Parliament and the European Commission in Luxembourg.
A day in the life of a Law student
Discover our Advice and Resolution Centre (ARC)
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View Law degree course facilities
- This course is validated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, the regulatory body for solicitors in England and Wales. They set the Principles and a Code of Conduct that professionals have to abide by in order to provide legal services.
- This course provides the first stage of training should you wish to go on to a career as either a solicitor or a barrister. It is validated by the Bar Standards Board, which regulates barristers and specialised legal services businesses in England and Wales.
Future careers in Law
Successful completion of our LLB Law degree can provide you with the basis to undertake the next stage of training as a barrister (the Bar Professional Training Course) or in becoming a solicitor. The degree is also valued in careers in management, banking, retail, marketing and more.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Justice located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page