Outdoor Adventure Leadership
Grab a paddle, fit your harness and check your map. This course is your chance to prepare for outdoor adventure and get the skills for a career in coaching and leadership.
Why study with us
- You can study partially from home, giving you more flexibility with your time at University.
- Opportunities to undertake a range of National Body Qualifications.
- Outdoor Adventure Leadership achieved 95% overall student satisfaction score in the National Student Survey (2021).
What you'll do
- You’ll take part in five individual week-long practical residential trips each year where you’ll take part in a range of activities and turn theoretical concepts into professional skills.
- This is a dynamic, practical course that allows you to examine a range of leadership, coaching and educational issues within the outdoor/adventure sector.
- Placement opportunities could take you from the Lancashire coast to the Himalayas, and you can also work towards achieving National Governing Body (NGB) qualifications with a structured enhancement programme.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
- This course is aligned with the Entry and General Management professional standards outlined by CIMSPA, the professional development body for the UK's sport and physical activity sector. As a member, you will be entitled to attend seminars and meetings and learn from industry professionals. The Health and Fitness pathway on the course allows students the option to meet professional standards in Gym Instruction, Personal Training, Health Navigator and Working with People with Long Term Conditions.
- This course is accredited by the IOL, the professional body for individuals who use the outdoors to make a difference for others. They are driven by a vision of outdoor learning as a highly valued form of development, education and employment in UK society.
To pursue a future in the highly specialised outdoor adventure and education sector, you’ll need highly specialised skills, knowledge and experience. Our BA (Hons) Outdoor Adventure Leadership delivers.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page