Our BA (Hons) Media and Television Production Foundation Entry gives you the opportunities to develop your production skill set and enhance your career prospects on this industry-focused course.
Why study with us
- 1stin the North West for graduate prospectsTimes Good University Guide (Communication and Media Studies)
- 7thin the UK overallGuardian University Guide (Film Production and Photography)
- A highly practical course that will allow you to work across a broad range of production contexts, whether a film crew on location, part of a camera crew in a live TV show, recording sound in a multi-track recording studio, or adding visual effects to films in an edit suite.
- Tutors on the course are industry practitioners with many of them still working professionally in Media and TV Production.
- Our students have been involved in production work involving, Astronaut Buzz Aldrin, Author Irvine Welsh and Adventurer Sir Ranulph Fiennes.
Alex Connock gives his advice to our Media students
Gallery01 / 05
What You'll Do
- Based in our purpose-built Media Factory you will have the opportunity to collaborate with students on scriptwriting, acting and music courses to produce professional real-world productions.
- You’ll work hands on in our broadcast standard facilities to create compelling programmes across a variety of platforms.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on major collaborative projects with Industry Partners. Previous projects have included ‘Dr Who Mission to the Unknown’.
- AZC017: FDE Introduction to Specialisms
- AZC018: FDE Specialisms
AZC017: FDE Introduction to Specialisms
You’ll be introduced to the variety of ways in which creative practitioners have shaped society and the way in which society influences creative practice. We’ll help you acquire foundational skills appropriate to a range of specialist areas and introduce you to the wide range of choices in Arts and Media by presenting you with the challenges of problem-solving through creative practice which includes the development of ideas and a broad range of experimental and exploratory work.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Studying Filmmaking Foundation Entry could lead to careers in a wide variety of production roles in Television, Film and new media working for Broadcasters and content producers such as BBC, ITV, SKY and DAZN and for independent production companies creating work for platforms such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
The Royal Television Society Bursary
The Royal Television Society (RTS) is offering a Bursary Award to talented students from lower-income backgrounds with an interest in pursuing a career in television.Find out more about The Royal Television Society Bursary
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary