Media & Television Production (Foundation Entry)
Our BA (Hons) Media and Television Production Foundation Entry gives you the opportunities to develop your production skill set and enhance your career prospects on this industry-focused course.
Why study with us
- A highly practical course that will allow you to work across a broad range of production contexts, whether a film crew on location, part of a camera crew in a live TV show, recording sound in a multi-track recording studio, or adding visual effects to films in an edit suite.
- Tutors on the course are industry practitioners with many of them still working professionally in Media and TV Production.
- Our students have been involved in production work involving, Astronaut Buzz Aldrin, Author Irvine Welsh and Adventurer Sir Ranulph Fiennes.
Alex Connock gives his advice to our Media students
Gallery01 / 05
What You'll Do
- Based in our purpose-built Media Factory you will have the opportunity to collaborate with students on scriptwriting, acting and music courses to produce professional real-world productions.
- You’ll work hands on in our broadcast standard facilities to create compelling programmes across a variety of platforms.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on major collaborative projects with Industry Partners. Previous projects have included ‘Dr Who Mission to the Unknown’.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
Studying Filmmaking Foundation Entry could lead to careers in a wide variety of production roles in Television, Film and new media working for Broadcasters and content producers such as BBC, ITV, SKY and DAZN and for independent production companies creating work for platforms such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page