Our International Business Foundation Entry programme teaches the theory and analytical skills needed by successful international businesses on a global scale.
Why study with us
- 1stin the North West for graduate prospects (on track)Complete University Guide (Business and Management Studies)
- 1stin the North West for student satisfactionComplete University Guide (Business and Management Studies)
10in the UK for overall positivityNational Student Survey (Business Studies) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
10in the UK for teaching on the courseNational Student Survey (Business Studies) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- You are encouraged to undertake a language elective through the Worldwise Centre to supplement your studies.
- You’ll have the option to spend part of your time studying overseas with study exchanges available throughout Europe, the USA, Mexico and Australia.
- The companies we work with offer internships, placements, live projects and mentors to provide you with excellent practical experience.
What you'll do
- You’ll have the chance to study a foreign language, at beginners' level, post-GCSE or post-A Level.
- We’ll prepare you for the business world, as much of your learning will be through seminar case studies and presentations.
- Through our strong links with leading local and national businesses, you’ll get the chance to work on live business challenges with real clients.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus, with some online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Hear from our students
The course covers business and management but applies the theory to the international environment, making it really engaging and challenging. Following graduation, I have been accepted by Missouri State University to do my MBA, where I studied as part of my exchange programme.
Celebration of Success Event
- We've been awarded the Small Business Charter (SBC) in recognition of our commitment to supporting student entrepreneurship, small businesses and the local economy. The SBC is an award for the UK’s world-class business schools.
View the course facilities
International Business Foundation Entry could lead to a career as an international business specialist within multi-national corporations, consultancy firms, joint ventures, financial institutions, law firms, government departments and manufacturing.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary