Help shape the future of fashion by joining our Fashion Promotion and Marketing degree course. Learn about the world of promotion through branding, marketing, image-making, digital communication, social media and styling.
Why study with us
- 2ndin the North West for student satisfactionComplete University Guide (Art and Design)
- 3rdin the UK for learning opportunitiesNational Student Survey (Design Studies) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
5in the UK for overall positivityNational Student Survey (Design Studies) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- It's a highly creative course, with practical hands on briefs. Your concepts and ideas are brought to life through creative practice paired with strategic insights.
- We run national and international study trips to fashion shows and exhibitions. In the past we’ve visited Paris, Milan, Barcelona and Amsterdam, and regularly go to New York.
- We are a member of the British Fashion Council Colleges Council. They represent the leading fashion departments in universities and colleges throughout the UK.
Fashion promotion gallery01 / 10
What you'll do
- Our close relationships with 150 global fashion brands means we can help you secure placements at top companies. This includes River Island, Burberry, Boohoo and many more.
- You’ll have access to our industry-standard laser cutters, fabric printers and photographic studios. You'll get support from specialist technicians.
- In your third year you’ll get the option to spend at least 30 weeks putting theory into practice on a full-time industry placement.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by October 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Fashion promotion and marketing facilities
- We are delighted to announce our British Fashion Council membership. Founded in 1993 to create an interface between education and industry, the BFC Colleges Council represents the leading fashion departments in universities and colleges throughout the UK. This membership enriches our student’s experience and creates additional industry opportunities though an annual programme of events and high profile competitions. The British Fashion Council joined forces with the Saturday Clubs Trust to support our Fashion & Business Saturday Club and we have been fortunate to have secured many high-profile Saturday Club Masterclasses through our BFC connection.
- When size? established links with higher education, one of the immediate goals of size? syllabus was to approach and get involved with the very best fashion and creative arts talent in the UK, so we were made up with the addition of UCLan, with officially one of the best fashion departments in the UK, to our size? syllabus programme. The main aim of the Syllabus is to impart industry level standards, learning and practice in a live brief format to students, who are then given the support and tools from size? to respond. At size? we want to unearth the next generation of creatives and by offering this platform in the form of size? Syllabus we believe students involved stand the best possible chance of making their way into the industry, able to utilise the invaluable learnings taught during their time answering the Syllabus briefs
Future careers in fashion promotion
Our Fashion Promotion and Marketing graduates are highly sought after. They go on to work in areas like styling, brand management, events, graphic design, trend forecasting and marketing.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary