English Language & Linguistics
Are you curious about how language changes, persuades or constructs identity? Do you want to hone your professional writing skills? Then our English Language and Linguistics course is for you.
Why study with us
- English Language at the University of Central Lancashire is ranked top 10 in the UK for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2021)
- Linguistics ranks 5th in the UK with 91% overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2022)
- This is a flexible course – choose from a wide range of modules depending on the career you’d like to pursue.
Expand Your World at the University of Central Lancashire
What you'll do
- Work in our English Language Skills Initiative for Employability (ELSIE) programme. In the programme you will gain graduate level writing skills and valuable work experience to prepare you for a range of careers. Professions such as teaching, public relations, editing or speech therapy.
- The Teaching English to Students of Other Languages (TESOL) route allows you to gain the internationally recognised teaching certificate: Trinity Cert. TESOL.
- Includes career focused modules which are ideal for anyone who wants to be a teacher or speech therapist.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Graduates from our English Language and Linguistics course have gone on to enjoy a wide variety of successful careers.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page