Focus on the fundamental principles of electronic engineering and the programming skills necessary for modern embedded system design with our foundation entry degree in Electronic Engineering.
Why study with us
- Access cutting-edge resources through our Advanced Digital Manufacturing Technology (ADMT) facility.
- Experience state-of-the-art manufacturing hardware and software: CISCO industrial networks; manufacturing execution systems; and industrial robots.
- Specialise in your chosen area through module choices, including digital design, signal processing, real-time systems, neural networks and communications.
What you'll do
- Learn from our senior academic teaching staff. They’re Fellows of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and Chartered Engineers (CEng) with real-world industrial experience.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Secure paid, real-world industrial experience working on ERDF funded commercial projects and through summer undergraduate internships.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
Electronic Engineering graduates are in greater demand than ever and career options include working in high-value manufacturing in the aerospace industry, in the Ministry of Defence or in research or development.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page