Cyber Security (Foundation Entry)
Security is now a crucial part of business. Our Cyber Security Foundation Entry degree gives you the highly sought-after skills and knowledge to build secure and compliant systems.
Why study with us
- You’ll have access to specialist computing labs with the latest cyber security open source and commercial tools.
- You’ll also develop important workplace skills including logical thought, independent learning, teamwork, ethical practice and communication.
- You’ll get involved in our ‘Computing Challenge,’ where you get to design and develop a new app and create a marketing campaign to promote it.
Take a look at the Annual Computing Challenge
What you'll do
- Security professionals are in high demand as cyber security becomes a priority for businesses and organisations.
- You’ll be taught by staff with a wide variety of industrial and research backgrounds.
- You’ll develop an understanding of attack methods and learn how to protect individuals and organisations against them.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff & chat to students.Book your place
View the course facilities
On our Cyber Security Foundation Entry degree you’ll be able to turn your interest in programming computer networks and security into a rewarding career.
Accreditations and Memberships
- We are an Educational Member of the British Computer Society providing benefits to our students such a free BCS membership for the duration of their Computer Science course. This help connections with the tech industry through BCS mentors, enables access to bespoke events with industry experts, as well as interactive career tools include CV writer, interview simulator, personal assessments and e-learning.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page