Look beyond standard Chemistry studies. Look to a unique course where you'll learn the sustainable practices behind today’s ‘Green Chemistry’.
Why study with us
- We’re ranked 6th in the UK for Graduate Prospects (Complete University Guide, 2022), and our courses are accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC).
- You’ll get an insight into ‘green chemistry’ and how the chemical industry is adopting revolutionary processes which are more environmentally friendly.
- Our optional sandwich year lets you put classroom learning into professional practice – gaining vital experience and radically enhancing your employability.
Chemistry course01 / 01
- You’ll gain hands-on skills in our state-of-the-art facilities, including advanced analytical instruments, such as mass spectrometers, X-ray diffractometers, electron microscopes and more.
- We don’t think about chemistry in terms of branches, instead offering a more interdisciplinary approach that combines perspectives, concepts and techniques throughout your modules.
- This is an entirely unique degree – as well as offering a solid lab-based foundation in the traditional aspects of Chemistry, you’ll also explore cutting-edge topics such as Green Chemistry or Nanotechnology.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
Chemistry course facilities
- This course is accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry. RSC are the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with a worldwide community.
Chemistry degree jobs
Our BSc (Hons) Chemistry degree course can open up a virtually endless range of career paths and possibilities, with both advanced scientific knowledge and highly transferrable skills.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page