Look beyond standard Chemistry studies. Look to a unique course where you'll learn the sustainable practices behind today’s ‘Green Chemistry’.
Why study with us
- 2ndin the North West for student satisfactionComplete University Guide (Chemistry)
5in the UK for teaching qualityTimes Good University Guide (Chemistry)
- 1stin the North West for student experienceTimes Good University Guide (Chemistry)
- With state-of-the-art facilities, we’re proud to offer an unparalleled learning experience. With us, you'll get both the theory and practical abilities you’ll need to become a skilful chemist.
- You’ll get an insight into ‘green chemistry’ and how the chemical industry is adopting revolutionary processes which are more environmentally friendly.
- Our optional sandwich year lets you put classroom learning into professional practice – gaining vital experience and radically enhancing your employability.
Chemistry course videos01 / 02
Hear from staff and students on our Chemistry course
- You’ll gain hands-on skills in our state-of-the-art facilities, including advanced analytical instruments, such as mass spectrometers, X-ray diffractometers, electron microscopes and more.
- We don’t think about chemistry in terms of branches, instead offering a more interdisciplinary approach that combines perspectives, concepts and techniques throughout your modules.
- This is an entirely unique degree – as well as offering a solid lab-based foundation in the traditional aspects of Chemistry, you’ll also explore cutting-edge topics such as Green Chemistry or Nanotechnology.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Chemistry course facilities
- This course is accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry. RSC are the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with a worldwide community.
Chemistry degree jobs
Our BSc (Hons) Chemistry degree course can open up a virtually endless range of career paths and possibilities, with both advanced scientific knowledge and highly transferrable skills.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary
This course is based in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page