Our award-winning Animation degree course covers stop motion, 2D animation and 3D digital animation. These techniques will help you develop the practical skills and technical expertise you need to create your own film by the end of the course.
Why study with us
- Animation and Game Design ranks 1st in the North West for Career Prospect (Guardian University Guide, 2023)
- Our Animation students have been North West Royal Television Society Student Award winners nine times.
- We are one of only a few institutions in the country to provide Toon Boom training. Delivered by an accredited Toon Boom user.
Degree Show 2022
Discover the award-winning creative work produced by our undergraduate Animation students. The degree show features work in a range of mediums by students from the School of Arts & Media.
A day on Preston Campus
BA (Hons) Animation
Gallery01 / 05
What you’ll do
- Gain employability skills by working on client briefs for organisations such as the NHS and Preston City Council. Learn how to work with clients and overcome hurdles met by professional animators.
- You'll be encouraged to enter the annual Royal Television Society (RTS) student awards. As well as festivals such as Annecy Animation Festival and Manchester Animation Festival.
- Our close links with employers will give you the chance to work on 'live' projects from the industry. Helping you to test your skills and become graduate work-ready.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Animation course facilities
Future careers in digital animation
Animation is a flourishing industry due to recent government support. And thanks to the University’s proximity to MediaCityUK, there’s no better place to study animation.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page