Looking to capture imaginations? You’ll be in the studio creating from day one on our Animation Foundation Entry Degree course. Developing the practical skills and technical expertise needed to create your own film.
Why study with us
- 2ndin the North West for student satisfactionComplete University Guide (Art and Design)
- 3rdin the UK for career prospectsGuardian University Guide (Animation and Games Design)
- Graduates have gone to lead successful careers in the industry. Working for places like MacKinnon and Saunders, Factory, TT Games, Sony Pictures and Nintendo.
- We are one of four institutions in the country with a tailor-made animation programme. Our course features the latest animation software.
- Gain real-world experience through commissions from Preston City Council.
A day in the life of an Animation student
Discover cJAM Media, our networking event for students
Gallery01 / 04
What you'll do
- Develop your creative skillset using CelAction. A new animation software from Peppa Pig’s creators, Mark Baker and Neville Astley. We’re the first University to have 40 licenses.
- Showcase your ideas, enthusiasm, skills and talent at our cJAM careers event. Industry professionals attend and the event closes with placements awarded to successful students.
- Gain employability skills by working on client briefs for the NHS. Learn how to work with clients and overcome hurdles met by professional animators.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the animation course facilities
Future careers in animation
Our animation graduates enjoy careers as animators, model makers, editors, directors, scriptwriters, set designers, and sound designers.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary