Accounting & Business (Foundation Entry)
Our BA (Hons) Accounting and Business course, based at our Burnley Campus, offers you the opportunity to gain a solid grounding in accounting, and an understanding of the other aspects of the business environment.
This course gives you the opportunity to specialise in two disciplines, providing you with a greater career choice and a range of highly transferable skills. You’ll be based at our Burnley Campus in Pennine Lancashire, where you’ll benefit from small class sizes and a friendly, supportive learning environment.
If you’re interested in a financial career within the accountancy profession, industry or commerce, you’ll gain a sound understanding of accounting and financial studies. It would also be of interest to those seeking a broader career in a business enterprise working in operations, management and business development with a strong understanding of financial management that drives business strategy and decisions.
You’ll learn the skills necessary to interpret financial information and make management decisions in a wide range of business situations.
(This course is being reapproved under the University’s normal cycle of review. As such, the course structure and content may be changed to enable us to deliver a better quality of educational experience to students.)
Why study with us
- Accounting and Finance courses at the University of Central Lancashire are ranked 1st in the UK for On-Track Graduate Prospects (Complete University Guide 2022).
- Gain valuable insight into the nature of the accounting process and its varied applications in business, including subjects that are fundamental to understanding an enterprise’s financial position
- The programme recognises the challenges and limitations encountered by placing excessive reliance upon financial information in decision-making, acknowledging the subjectivity and flexibility needed in best practice
What you’ll do
- Develop an insight into accounting and business methods.
- Put theory into practice with the opportunity to take an optional 48-week industry paid placement, in the UK or overseas.
- If you’re interested in further study you can choose to seek exemptions from the accountancy professional bodies.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Visit our Burnley Campus
Come and discover why our Burnley Campus is the perfect place for you at our upcoming Study and Apprenticeship Event in July. You can ask current students about their experiences, talk to academic staff and discover our facilities.Find out more
View our course facilities
Graduates will have accounting skills appropriate for work in the financial area of private or public sector organisations and will have the added advantage of possessing a thorough understanding of the many other functions within business.
Graduates from the Business School programme have secured positions with a range of employers including IBM, BAE Systems, Halfords, Waitrose, EE, United Utilities, Centrica, Virgin, etc.
A number of graduates are employed by local SMEs and many continue their studies at master’s level.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page