Accounting & Business (Foundation Entry)
Our BA (Hons) Accounting and Business course, based at our Burnley Campus, offers you the opportunity to gain a solid grounding in accounting, and an understanding of the other aspects of the business environment.
Why study with us
- Accounting and Finance courses at the University of Central Lancashire are ranked 1st in the UK for On-Track Graduate Prospects (Complete University Guide 2022).
- Gain valuable insight into the nature of the accounting process and its varied applications in business, including subjects that are fundamental to understanding an enterprise’s financial position
- The programme recognises the challenges and limitations encountered by placing excessive reliance upon financial information in decision-making, acknowledging the subjectivity and flexibility needed in best practice
What you’ll do
- Develop an insight into accounting and business methods.
- Put theory into practice with the opportunity to take an optional 48-week industry paid placement, in the UK or overseas.
- If you’re interested in further study you can choose to seek exemptions from the accountancy professional bodies.
Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise Celebration of Success Event
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Attend our Open Day
Explore Burnley Campus, discover our facilities and talk to academic staff and students about the courses you want to study.Join us on Sat 4 Nov
View our course facilities
Graduates will have accounting skills appropriate for work in the financial area of private or public sector organisations and will have the added advantage of possessing a thorough understanding of the many other functions within business.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page