Accounting and Finance
Accountants and other financial experts are vital in the world’s economies. We offer an exciting selection of accounting and finance degrees.
Whether you aspire to become a Chartered Accountant, or you want to learn how to harness financial knowledge to make strategic business decisions, we’ll help you make an impact on the world, not just the balance sheet.
Say hello to Matt
BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance student Matt gained an extra qualification in Sage 50. And went on a year-long placement with PricewaterhouseCoopers in Bristol. This will help him achieve his ambition of becoming a Chartered Accountant for a top firm.
Get to know us
Attend our Open Day and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences, speak to academics and get a feel for life at UCLan.Book an Open Day
A day in the life
Study Accounting and Finance01 / 01
We encourage you to have ambitions that extend beyond any board room and make a positive impact on more than the bottom line. When you study with us you’ll experience real success by achieving real results in the real world.Discover a different world of business
Why choose us?
- We have an association with the world-leading software provider SAP. We are one of the few UK universities accredited to deliver training based on this leading resource planning package. Our SAP room has been specially equipped to teach this technology across our courses.
- You'll have plenty of opportunities to gain practical experience. Whether it's on a paid work placement, short-term internship or a live student project.
- We provide the opportunity to study overseas for at least one semester. In recent years, students have studied at Central Connecticut State University and the University of Western Sydney.
Careers in accounting and finance
Many graduates work in a variety of businesses within their finance departments. Some graduates establish their own accounting companies whilst others go on to study our MSc Financial Investigation.
Future careers studying accounting and finance could lead to:
- Chartered accountant
- Chartered certified accountant
- Chartered management accountant
- Chartered public finance accountant
- Forensic accountant
- Tax adviser
Explore our facilities
Meet the team
Take the next step
Study a degree at UCLan
Interested in studying a degree with us? From exploring accommodation to visiting us at an Open Day, find out everything you need to know about life at UCLan.