Whether you aspire to become a Chartered Accountant, or you want to learn how to harness financial knowledge to make strategic business decisions, we’ll help you make an impact on the world, not just the balance sheet.
Say hello to Matt
BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance student Matt gained an extra qualification in Sage 50. And went on a year-long placement with PricewaterhouseCoopers in Bristol. This will help him achieve his ambition of becoming a Chartered Accountant for a top firm.
I secured a year long placement within audit at Pricewaterhouse Coopers. I’m looking for a career in audit, after graduating, so this experience was amazing and gave me real practical experience.
A day in the life
Study Accounting and Finance01 / 01
Why choose us?
- We have an association with the world-leading software provider SAP. We are one of the few UK universities accredited to deliver training based on this leading resource planning package. Our SAP room has been specially equipped to teach this technology across our courses.
- You'll have plenty of opportunities to gain practical experience. Whether it's on a paid work placement, short-term internship or a live student project.
- We provide the opportunity to study overseas for at least one semester. In recent years, students have studied at Central Connecticut State University and the University of Western Sydney.
Careers in accounting and finance
Many graduates work in a variety of businesses within their finance departments. Some graduates establish their own accounting companies whilst others go on to study our MSc Financial Investigation.
Future careers studying accounting and finance could lead to:
- Chartered accountant
- Chartered certified accountant
- Chartered management accountant
- Chartered public finance accountant
- Forensic accountant
- Tax adviser
Explore our facilities
Meet the team
Dr Rami Salem has over ten years of excellent teaching and research experience in accounting and finance at higher education institutions nationally and internationally. He is an experienced lecturer with a professional background in the banking industry. He completed his PhD in …
Debbie is a chartered public finance accountant who teaches across law, accounting and finance modules on accounting and business undergraduate programmes. Debbie is an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and an accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator.