Rami has over eight years of excellent teaching and research experience in accounting and finance programmes at higher education institutions nationally and internationally. He is an experienced lecturer with a demonstrated history of working in the banking industry. He completed his PhD in Accounting and Finance from the University of Central Lancashire, UK. He achieved his M.Sc. (Hons) in International Accounting from University Utara, Malaysia, and B.Sc. (Hons) in financial accounting from Aljabal Algharbi University, Libya. Rami is a Member of the British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA), European Accounting Association (EAA), The Finance and Banking Research Centre (FiBRe), Member of the Audit Committee in the Central Bank of Libya, and Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy (AFHEA).
Rami contributed to the ongoing development and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, covering teaching areas including Information Systems and the Business Environment, Accounting Information Systems and Control Issues, and Financial Accounting and Reporting. Besides teaching, he attended and presented research papers at the major accounting and finance conferences nationally and internationally. He is involved in research and has submitted articles to high ranking (3*) journals, such as Journal of Accounting and Public Policy and Journal of Business Ethics. In addition to the above, Rami is supervising research students.
Rami's first working experience was as a risk analyst at the Central Bank of Libya (CBL). His role was about managing the investments of Libyan foreign reserves. He held several professional positions at CBL. Having spent almost 6 years at the CBL, Rami joined Aljabal Algharbi University in 2011 as a lecturer in Accounting and Finance teaching and developing the undergraduate and postgraduate accounting curriculum programmes (approved by the Ministry of Higher Education- Libya). Rami currently holds an academic position as a lecturer in accounting and finance at University of Central Lancashire.
- PhD in Accounting and Finance, University of Central Lancashire (August 2018)
- MSc (Hons) in in International Accounting, University Utara Malaysia (March 2008)
- B.Sc. (Hons)in financial accounting, Aljabal Algharbi University (June 2005)
- Corporate Disclosure Quality
- Earnings Management
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Social responsibility
- Audit Quality
- Key Audit Matters
- Banking and Finance
- Islamic banking
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI)
- Corporate Social Responsibility, Islamic Accounting
- Finance and Islamic banking
- British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA)
- European Accounting Association (EAA)
- The Finance and Banking Research Centre (FiBRe)
- Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
- Audit Committee in the Central Bank of Libya