Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
The MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) provides a first step towards a rewarding career in teaching English. It is an exciting opportunity to enter the field of TESOL with no teaching experience.
Why study with us
- You’ll be taught by members of our friendly TESOL team who have a wealth of expertise and experience.
- Gain a globally recognised qualification, the Trinity Cert TESOL at no extra cost.
- Our assessments include a mix of written and oral work which will enable you to develop key professional skills as a teacher of English.
What you'll do
- You’ll study modules that will help you to develop a strong foundation of pedagogical and theoretical knowledge of TESOL.
- You’ll have opportunities to observe and assist experienced teachers of English.
- You’ll have the chance to take part in employability events which will help you map out the career path you want to take in TESOL.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
The demand for well-qualified English language teaching professionals is increasing. An MA TESOL degree can lead you to career opportunities around the world.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page