Psychology of Child Development
Our MSc Psychology of Child Development course is designed to advance your knowledge of child psychology. It’s ideal for graduates in Psychology (or related subjects) and a great development opportunity for professionals working with children.
Why study with us
- The course comprises of specialised, dedicated Child Development modules. Each module focuses upon different developmental psychology and is assessed entirely by coursework.
- Learning is supported by dedicated Child Psychology Laboratories. Facilities such as The Child Observation Suite and Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience Lab, as well as over thirty extra laboratories.
- Develop your skills in applying psychology in a range of developmental settings. The course includes a placement module and a project of your choice.
What you'll do
- Teaching takes place on one day of the week, so you’ll be able to fit your studies around your other work or family commitments.
- You’ll get to experience different areas of developmental psychology (such as Neurocognitive Development, Language Literacy and Learning, and Social Development) to help you build the knowledge you need for your chosen career.
- You’ll develop the skills needed to carry out empirical research in this field. There are opportunities to get involved in research conferences, contribute to peer reviewed publications and work as a research assistant.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
We continuously engage with employers to make sure that our curriculum is delivering the skills and knowledge that industry needs. We work with professionals from various sectors, including NHS Trusts, patient groups, medical practitioners, allied health professionals, the Prison Service, police forces, local education authorities, schools and professional sports organisations.
After graduating from this course you’ll have developed your research skills to a professional standard and be equipped to lead empirical studies in the field of child psychology and development.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page