Designed for medical and healthcare professionals, the MSc Musculoskeletal Management course will equip you with the advanced knowledge and skills you need to successfully care for patients with MSK conditions.
Why study with us
- Delivered by leading medical consultants, therapists and academics working in conjunction with Blackpool Teaching Hospital Trust and East Lancashire Hospital Trust.
- The on-campus block delivery is taught at weekends to fit around your professional work commitments.
- This programme supports NHS approaches such as Five Year Forward View and MSK strategies to integrate and deliver new sustainable models of care which promote prevention, self-care, and health and wellbeing.
What you'll do
- You’ll critically engage with contemporary issues and developments in this field, gaining a deeper understanding of clinical practice.
- Share, challenge and analyse specialist skills and practice of your own and related professional groups in order to foster collaborative working.
- Develop effective decision making skills for primary care practice and commissioning and demonstrate self-awareness within personal and professional development.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Adam teaches on the Postgraduate Performance and Rehabilitation Programmes in the School of Medicine and is Course Leader for MSc Musculoskeletal Management. Adam is a Physiotherapist with extensive experience in sports injuries and rehabilitation, with interest in lower limb inj…
Since qualifying as a physiotherapist in 1990 Karen has held a number of different positions working in the NHS, the private sector and professional sport. Karen joined the teaching staff as a senior lecturer at UCLan in 2005 completing her PGCE L&THE in 2009, becoming Principal …
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care. The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
This course is ideal as a development opportunity for current medical and health professionals who wish to advance their knowledge and skills related to the treatment of MSK conditions.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page