Join our Musculoskeletal Management of the Upper Limb short course. Develop skills around the assessment and management of upper limb musculoskeletal (MSK) disorders.
Why study with us
- Delivered by leading medical consultants, therapists and academics. We work with Blackpool Teaching Hospital Trust and East Lancashire Hospital Trust.
- The on-campus block delivery is taught at weekends to fit around your professional work commitments.
- This programme supports NHS approaches such as Five Year Forward View and MSK strategies. Deliver new sustainable models of care, promoting prevention, self-care, and health and wellbeing.
Level: Postgraduate, Level 7
Delivery: On campus
Study mode: Part time - 2 x 3-day teaching blocks
Duration: Semester 2 January – May
Module code: M4031
Start date: January
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate and evaluate accurate clinical assessment and examination of patients with upper limb musculoskeletal disorders.
- Demonstrate and evaluate advanced clinical reasoning processes in the diagnosis, investigation and management of patients with MSK upper limb disorders.
- Discuss and evaluate a biopsychosocial approach to assessment and treatment planning.
- Evaluate and synthesise contemporary evidence to support and inform the management of upper limb dysfunction.
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care. The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
Future careers in Musculoskeletal Management
This course is an ideal development opportunity for current medical and health professionals. Specifically, those who wish to advance their knowledge and skills related to the treatment of MSK conditions.
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page