If you’re a practising midwife our MSc in Midwifery puts you at the cutting-edge of thinking, research and practice to benefit your career. It’ll also help you meet new challenges and opportunities as a practitioner, partner and leader delivering and shaping future maternity services.
Why study with us
- You’ll be able to focus on key areas like advancing midwifery practice, leadership, research and education.
- You’ll also look at service development and change, including legal, ethical, cultural and societal issues.
- You’ll get high level support from experienced academics with field specific experience.
What you'll do
- There are options to be taught in class and via e-learning, using multimedia teaching materials, live interactive sessions, email contact with tutors and peer groups, message boarding and scheduled live personal tutorials.
- Reflections and peer study, including with those from around the world, is a valuable part of the course which is delivered in English.
- There are stepping off points at postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma, and master’s degree levels.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus, with some online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Following successful completion of the MSc Midwifery course, you’ll go on to progress in your chosen career or you could pursue further study with a Professional Doctorate in Health and/or a PhD.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount