Mentoring in Dental Practice
If you’re a dental professional and you’d like to mentor others our Advanced Certificate Mentoring in Dental Practice is for you. The course will equip you to support others to fulfil the requirements of professional practice in dental care.
Why study with us
- The course is delivered via Microsoft Teams. Giving you a fully interactive and immersive online experience. You’ll work independently, supported by peers and staff on structured tasks and related assignments.
- As you progress you’ll develop critical knowledge and an understanding of the theory, practice, context and associated research applied to a mentoring programme.
- On completion of the course, you’ll be well placed to apply the role of the mentor in a practice setting. The programme is geared towards learning through hands-on experience and development of skills rather than purely lecture-based approach.
What you’ll do
- You’ll look at best practices in mentorship, reviewing theories and evidence. As well as roles and boundaries in the mentoring relationship.
- Identify ways of improving performance and wellbeing and sources of support for mentors and mentees. You'll need to identify a mentee prior to beginning the course who you'll be able to work with in practice.
- You’ll study legal and ethical aspects of the mentoring relationship as you develop.
This is a distance learning course which is taught entirely online with no face-to-face teaching.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Dentistry located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page