The PGCert in PLAB 2/Medical Licensing Assessment (MLA) Preparation will prepare International Medical Graduates to complete the General Medical Council (GMC) MLA and therefore be eligible to work in the UK.
Why study with us
- First British university programme of its kind.
- Gain skills and behaviours that will help you pass the UK GMC Medical Licensing Assessment.
- Support your move to work in the UK.
What you'll do
- During course weeks 1-12 you will undertake blended learning including on-demand and in-person teaching online.
- In week 13 of the course (final week) you will attend on site in Preston UK, to undertake practice assessments to gain knowledge, skills and experience required to sit the PLAB 2/MLA Clinical and Professional Skills Assessment (CPSA).
- You will also have access to a wealth of online resources via our virtual learning environment.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Successful completion of the GMC PLAB 2/MLA is necessary for all international doctors who wish to work in the UK.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page