Lecturer , Student Counsellor
School of Community Health and Midwifery
Luke teaches on postgraduate and undergraduate courses such as Psychotherapy, Psychology, Counselling, Coaching and PWP pathways.
Luke works with the undergraduate courses for Psychotherapy, Psychology and Counselling. He also has a teaching role on the PostGrad.Diploma / MA in Integrated Psychotherapy with Seminars and Skills. Luke supervises postgraduate dissertations and is a Student Counsellor for UCLAN's Student Services one morning per week.
Luke's background has been Counselling Face-To-Face, Telephone Counsellor and online therapy (including Critical Incident Debriefing with large multinational organisations and regular monthly call auditing of counselling colleagues) working over 12 years in the NHS and Bupa. In parallel and prior to a counselling role, Luke was a teacher of English abroad on the Eastern seaboard of Thailand, ran his own Forest School in North Wales and worked with children with challenging behaviour and educational needs in England over 12 years.
- Master of Arts in Counselling Studies, University of Chester, 2016
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling Studies, University of Chester, 2010
- Certificate/Practitioner of Forest School, Coleg Gwent, 2005
- Certificate in TESOL [Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages], Oxford Trinity College London, 2000
- Bachelors of Science (Hons) in Environmental Studies, University of Sunderland, 1999
- Person-Centred Approach to Counselling
- Existential Therapy
- Post-Traumatic Growth
- Becoming trilingual
- Member of the BACP