Gain skills to enable healthcare professionals to develop the healthcare team through effective facilitation of learning within and outside of the workplace.
Why study with us
- Course content is delivered via Microsoft Teams, giving you an interactive and immersive online experience. You’ll work independently, supported by peers and staff on structured tasks and related assignments.
- There are no exams on this course. Instead, you'll submit coursework in the form of assignments, presentations and professional dialogue. The online format allows for easy communication with your tutors and other students and you’ll be supported from start to finish.
- As you progress you’ll develop critical knowledge. As well as an understanding of the theory, practice, context and associated research applied to dental education.
What you'll do
- You’ll have multiple opportunities to learn about educational best practices from dental professionals who are experts in their fields.
- You will have the benefit of close support and supervision at all stages of the course.
- On completion of the course, you’ll be well placed to influence the role and the research of dental education inpatient care at local, regional and national levels.
This is a distance learning course which is taught entirely online with no face-to-face teaching.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Your teaching team
Gary teaches across the MSc Dental Education programme. His background is Teacher Education which he taught for many years prior to coming to UCLan.
Dale is the course leader for our MSc Dental Education course. He teaches across our stand alone Dental Education qualifications too. He has particular expertise in assessment and feedback practices and digital education. Dale is a Senior Fellow of the Advance HE (formally HEA) a…
- The MSc/PGDip/PGCert Medical Education and its modules are accredited by the Academy of Medical Educators. To qualify for full membership, three modules (including two from MB4105, MB4102, MB4104 & MB4123) will need to have been undertaken.
Facilitating Learning in Healthcare Practice is for general dental practitioners who want to go on to be educational supervisors of foundation year dentists.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page