This part-time, postgraduate Endodontology course is for the busy dental practitioner who wants to combine home study with treating patients under the direct clinical supervision of experienced consultants and specialists.
Why study with us
- Delivered by experienced clinicians and educators, the programme includes four days of supervised clinical training.
- You’ll study at a university that is well known as a provider of high-quality clinical training and education with state-of-the-art teaching facilities.
- We work in conjunction with governing dental bodies, ensuring that the curriculum facilitates the development of transferable skills, which you can apply to your clinical practice.
MSc Endodontology – Senior Clinical Lecturer: Rose Thomas
Gallery01 / 08
What you'll do
- You’ll benefit from authentic clinical training and online and face-to-face tuition that’s responsive to the needs of a busy general dental practitioner.
- You’ll attend up to 20 study/assessment days per year at our Dental Clinic where you’ll assess, undertake and ultimately lead in clinical treatment.
- You will enjoy a teaching faculty led by Dr Shalini Kanagasingam, a highly experienced endodontic surgeon, who has been a course leader at the University for a number of years.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
- VSSAcademy is a private dental education company. VSSAcademy provides our students with quality clinical mentoring at training centres located throughout the UK. Here, our students learn how to plan, place and restore dental implants on live patients provided by the training centre teams.
View the course facilities
Shalini is a Specialist Endodontist registered with the General Dental Council (UK), having completed her training at Guy's Hospital in 2009. She teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students. She is a Course Lead for the part-time MSc Endodontology programme and the full time …
Neil teaches research methods, critical appraisal and public health across a number of our dental courses as well as supervising Master's dissertations. He has extensive experience a wide range of research projects covering quantitative, qualitative and systematic review methodol…
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page