If you’re a professional working in the fields of social work and social care then our Professional Development and Practice course offers you the ideal opportunity to enhance your knowledge and advance your career.
Why study with us
- On this course you’ll be encouraged to critically reflect on and review your professional development with a view to enhancing your performance and service delivery.
- We’ll provide you with learning opportunities to explore complex challenges, current issues and new evidence-based practice research
- UCLan is a national leader in delivering continual professional development to the social work, social care, and health care sector. Our postgraduate courses are nationally recognised and are delivered by experts in the field.
What you'll do
- You’ll develop your capacity to critically evaluate key theoretical knowledge, law and policy in relation to social work and social care practice.
- You’ll also develop your skills in planning, decision-making and problem-solving.
- Through a combination of distance online learning, in-person classroom activity, and one-to-one tutorials students will engage in mandatory and optional modules.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Matt is a qualified and registered social worker who has been an academic in social work since 2007. Matt has extensive experience of working in local authority mental health services and academia. He has a passion for teaching, writing, and researching on the subjects of mental …
Completion of this course will enable you to advance your career across the social care and social work professions.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page