Engineering Innovation Centre
The Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC) located on our Preston campus brings together world-leading research, leading business minds and inspiring teaching in a spirit of collaboration and discovery.
The EIC offers a wide-ranging portfolio of industry engagement opportunities:
- Tailored business support programmes in; product design and innovation, digital manufacturing, low carbon technologies, Medtech development, raising equity investment
- Technology demonstration – opportunities to see the latest technology in action
- Access to specialist facilities – a broad range of innovative equipment and technologies
- Business-to-Business meeting and workshop space – high-quality meeting rooms in a vibrant environment
- Peer-to-Peer learning – spaces for networking
- Upskilling your staff – a full range of CPD and degree apprenticeships
- Collaborative partnerships – student projects, PHDs, Knowledge Transfer Partnerships and joint research bids
When you work with us, you have access to specialist staff, state-of-the-art engineering facilities, industry leading technologies and the expertise of our researchers inside a first-class facility.
The EIC strengthens Lancashire’s position as a national centre of excellence for aerospace, advanced engineering and manufacturing and contributes towards maintaining the UK’s reputation as a global leader in these areas.
Producing the next generation of engineers
Our engineering courses are shaped by industry demand and in collaboration with industry experts and organisations from across the region. This equips our students with practical skills to enhance their employability, helping to support the economy now and in the future.
Research Centre in Engineering
We aim to respond directly to significant priorities in contemporary society and to elements of the UK Industrial Strategy. In doing so, we address industrial problems by combining practical experience with education so that we can develop regional skills and abilities.