Intelligent Machines Laboratory
The Intelligent Machines Laboratory supports several research tracks which are directly applied and support different industries.
The Intelligent Machines Laboratory is currently working on several projects with a total funding of £2,000,000, and collaborating strategically with a large network of partners within the UK, EU and International worldwide.
Research includes Intelligent Machines, Advanced Mechatronics Systems, Intelligent Diagnostics and Health Management Systems, Intelligent Maintenance Systems, Diagnostic and Health Management (DHM) and Predictive Health Monitoring (PHM).
The industries supported include Aerospace (SHM & HUMS), Marine, Manufacturing, Railways, Automotive, Driverless Cars, Oil and Gas, and Renewable Energy (Wind turbine – Solar) and Medical.
- Intelligent Condition Monitoring Systems
- Intelligent Diagnostic and Health Management Systems
- Intelligent Structural Health Monitoring Systems
- Intelligent Maintenance Engineering Systems
- Advanced Mechatronics and Robotics Systems
- Driverless, Unmanned and Autonomous Systems
- IoT and IN4.0 Systems
- Sensors and Instrumentation
- Industrial PLC Systems
- Electromechanical Systems
- Small – Medium scale Wind turbine testing facility
Please contact us for opening times.
The Intelligent Machines Laboratory can be found in 216 of the Engineering Innovation CentreGeneral Enquiry