Haleema teaches across a range of modules on the Vision Sciences programmes. She is currently completing her PGCAP to become an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Haleema maintains her clinical role in the community and locums in practices over the North West.
Haleema is a member of the General Optical Council and Association of British Dispesning Opticians. She is a qualified Dispensing Optician for over 12 years and has experience in all different types of optical practices and has worked as a Senior Clinical Tutor in various teaching institutions including University of Manchester and City University London. Haleema is also a member of Association of the Study in Medical Education and has completed a scholarship medical education programme with Association of Medical Education Europe.
Haleema has spoken at many public events including the Essilor Symposium and several CPD events. She has been involved in organising educational events including representing University of Central Lancashire at 100% Optical at the Excel in London. She is currently representative at the Opticians Academic Schools Council.
- FBDO, Ophthlamic Dispensing, Association of British Dispensing Opticians, 2008
- OP1001 - Introduction to ophthalmic dispensing and optometric practice
- OP2001 - Further ophthalmic dispensing and contact lenses
- OP3001 - Advanced ophthalmic dispensing and ocular abnormalities
- OP4001 - Optometric principles and managing vision related problems