Are you a problem-solver with an analytical mind? Learn the quantity surveying role and explore its strong commercial and contractual bias. It’s the financial service of the construction industry.
Why study with us
- Our course can be delivered flexibly, including part-time delivery just one day per week, allowing you to study whilst in employment.
- Study and share knowledge with students on the construction project management, facilities management and building surveying degrees.
- Our Building courses are ranked joint top in the UK for career prospects with 100% (Complete University Guide 2023), whilst also ranked 6th in the UK for overall satisfaction (National Student Survey 2022).
What you'll do
- You’ll be taught by experienced practitioners with extensive industry experience.
- The Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Learn how to use subject-specific software associated with quantity surveying and prepare you for a smooth transition into the workplace.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course has been accredited by the RICS, the globally recognised professional body which promotes the highest international standards in land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- We are an academic partner with the Chartered Association of Building Engineers. CABE brings members together to share knowledge, raise standards and develop professionals. By improving collaboration across disciplines, members are able to raise competency throughout the industry.
- This BSc course has been accredited as meeting the knowledge requirements of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (CICES). The CICES is an international qualifying body dedicated to the regulation, education and training of surveyors working within civil engineering.
Your quantity surveying skillset will enable you to carry out many different roles from office to site-based quantity surveying, pre contract estimating and project management to contract specialist roles.
Explore campus, discover our facilities and talk to academic staff and students about the courses you want to study at our Undergraduate Open Day. Join us on campus on Sunday 16 October.Book your place
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page