Quantity Surveying (Foundation Entry)
Are you a problem-solver with an analytical mind? Learn the quantity surveying role and explore its strong commercial and contractual bias. It’s the financial service of the construction industry.
Why study with us
- Our course can be delivered flexibly, including part-time delivery just one day per week, allowing you to study whilst in employment.
- Study and share knowledge with students on the construction project management, facilities management and building surveying degrees.
- Quantity surveyors design and produce tenders and contracts. You’ll learn how to manage this part of the process with an in-depth working knowledge of construction law.
- Our Building courses are ranked joint top in the UK for career prospects with 100% (Complete University Guide 2023), whilst also ranked 6th in the UK for overall satisfaction (National Student Survey 2022).
What you'll do
- You’ll be taught by experienced practitioners with extensive industry experience.
- The £35m Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Learn how to use subject-specific software associated with quantity surveying and prepare you for a smooth transition into the workplace.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the RICS, the globally recognised professional body which promotes the highest international standards in land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This BSc course has been accredited as meeting the knowledge requirements of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (CICES). The CICES is an international qualifying body dedicated to the regulation, education and training of surveyors working within civil engineering.
Your quantity surveying skillset will enable you to carry out many different roles from office to site-based quantity surveying, pre contract estimating and project management to contract specialist roles.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Explore the EIC
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page