Why study with us
- 4thin the UK for learning opportunitiesNational Student Survey (Nutrition and Dietetics) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- 6thin the UK for teaching on the courseNational Student Survey (Nutrition and Dietetics) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- We have unique and longstanding relationships with health organisations and local professional sports clubs. This enables us to provide you with experiential learning opportunities.
- It’s a truly multi-disciplinary course, with all areas taught by specialists in that field and two pathways to follow, nutrition and food science or health-related fitness.
- You’ll also start to develop the consultancy skills needed to practise as a nutritional adviser on this vocationally-focused course.
What you'll do
- You’ll cover the fundamentals of sport, exercise and nutritional sciences.
- And you’ll study the practical aspects of sport, exercise and physical activity as well as the professional work environments for sport.
- You’ll develop an adaptable, flexible and effective approach to study and work.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is aligned with the Entry and General Management professional standards outlined by CIMSPA, the professional development body for the UK's sport and physical activity sector. As a member, you will be entitled to attend seminars and meetings and learn from industry professionals. The Health and Fitness pathway on the course allows students the option to meet professional standards in Gym Instruction, Personal Training, Health Navigator and Working with People with Long Term Conditions.
- The SENR outlines professional standards and competences for Sport and Exercise Nutritionists. In so doing it guides the development of Sport and Exercise Nutrition curriculum, provides career development pathways for aspiring Sport and Exercise Nutritionist.
- Our facilities have achieved a BASES Laboratory Accreditation, providing a mark of quality assurance that illustrates the laboratory has undergone meticulous inspection by BASES and that high professional standards of practice have been achieved.
Our Nutrition and Exercise Sciences Foundation Entry degree is a route to work with professional sports clubs and athletes and to roles that are linked to preventing and reducing disease through exercise.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page