Study Hospitality Foundation Entry with us. You'll gain a broad understanding of Tourism, Hospitality and Event management.
Why study with us
- 1stin the North West for graduate prospects (on track)Complete University Guide (Business and Management Studies)
- 1stin the North West for student satisfactionComplete University Guide (Business and Management Studies)
- 1stin the UK for teaching on the courseNational Student Survey (Tourism, transport and travel) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- 1stin the UK for overall positivityNational Student Survey (Tourism, transport and travel) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- Explore the hospitality industry and its development from an international and national perspective.
- Learn from a team of internationally renowned academics. Our academics are research-active and publish in international journals and media outlets.
- Explore current trends in hospitality, corporate hospitality and related business events.
The course has offered me frequent opportunities to gain practical work experience. I have worked as an International Student Ambassador, giving advice to students from around the world and I am currently organising an event as part of my module assessment which is a large-scale Graduation Ball.
Our cJAM Networking Events
What you'll do
- Our Foundation entry students take part in a variety of local field visits in and around Preston.
- In subsequent years you may also take part in both national and international field visits to, for example, The Lake District, Cyprus and Iceland (subject to change each year).
- We have links with many Hospitality and Tourism organisations throughout the UK and overseas and you will benefit from these links with Industry.
- BMC003: Tourism, Hospitality and Events Themes in Action
- BMC004: Service Excellence in the Visitor Economy
- BMC005: Study Skills for Success
- BMC006: Contemporary Business in Context
BMC003: Tourism, Hospitality and Events Themes in Action
Understand the key concepts and issues in Tourism, Hospitality and Events (T.H.E) from an interrelated, local, national and global perspective. The module will enable you to evaluate, compare and contrast the scope of the T.H.E industries whilst understanding the operational characteristics and the importance of each theme within a contemporary context. You'll develop an understanding of the major themes of Tourism, Hospitality and Events facilitated via field visits to T.H.E organisations in and around Preston.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by October 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Our strong links with hospitality employers ensures that our course is current - you’ll learn the exact skills and knowledge that these employers need.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
- Our course has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.