Are you interested in developing your professional communication skills? As well as your intercultural competence, business and management knowledge. Our International Business Communication direct entry Year 3 degree is for you.
Why study with us
- 1stin the North West for student satisfactionComplete University Guide (Business and Management Studies)
- Experience business in action with staff and students from around the world. This course provides real-world simulations and case study opportunities.
- Excellent selection of modules designed to complement your previous study in your country of origin.
- Take advantage of the fantastic facilities available, such as our Worldwise Learning Centre here in Preston.
What you'll do
- Develop a specialist toolkit of communication competencies. From Intercultural Communication for Professional Purposes, Research Methods for Applied International Business Communication to Marketing and Advertising Communication.
- Access industry-standard language learning resources at our Worldwise Learning Centre. Including satellite TV, translation suites, and self-study audio and video materials. As well as software such as Rosetta Stone.
- You’ll regularly get to hear from expert guest speakers from across the Globe. Offering you insights into the importance of Business Communication internationally.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Studying this course in China
At our Preston campus in the UK, we only offer this course as a top up, allowing students to study Year 3 only. The full course is run in partnership with the Shanghai University of International Business and Economics (SUIBE). You are able to study years 1, 2 and 3 of this programme at SUIBE, China.
Many of our students go on to work in Hospitality, Recruitment and Human Resources, including:
- Equality and Diversity
- Public Relations
- Events Management
- Finance including Insurance
- Education including Teaching, TEFL / TESOL and Translation
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Humanities
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page