Aiming for a senior role in a specialist fire safety company? Fire Safety and Risk Management develops your knowledge of design and management solutions that reduce fire risk.
Why study with us
- You’ll be taught by research active staff from the fields of fire safety engineering and fire chemistry as well as fire professionals.
- There’s an opportunity to take part in international exchange visits with our partners in the Middle East and Hong Kong.
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre.
What you'll do
- Access exciting guest lectures from our industrial partners, CPD events, projects and funding prizes.
- Our course provides both skills and knowledge relevant to the management of private and public sector services.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the EI on behalf of the Engineering Council, which plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet the needs of industry. The EI is a chartered professional membership body bringing together expertise to tackle urgent global challenges, responding to the climate emergency while meeting the energy needs of the world’s growing population.
Fire Safety and Risk Management graduates have gone on to successful careers with companies such as BuroHappold Engineering, WSP, Horea Lea, London Fire Brigade and others.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page