Delve into the real-life experience of a facilities manager with a Foundation Entry degree course that keeps up with a fast-paced changing industry and focuses on sustainability.
Why study with us
- Our placement tutors have close links with industry so you’ll learn the skills and current knowledge sought by employers.
- Our Building courses are ranked joint top in the UK for career prospects with 100% (Complete University Guide 2023), whilst also ranked 6th in the UK for overall satisfaction (National Student Survey 2022).
- Studying with students on the construction project management, quantity surveying and building surveying degrees leads to beneficial knowledge sharing.
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- This course offers an optional 48-week sandwich placement in industry for full-time students between Year 2 and Year 3.
- Flexible delivery of this course allows you to study whilst in employment. Our part-time teaching is delivered just one day per week.
- Study alongside students on construction project management, quantity surveying or building surveying degrees, and even transfer course.
- ERC004: Practical Skills
- ERC005: Design Studies
- ERC006: Analytical Studies
- ERC007: Study Skills and Information Technology
- ERC008: Computer Aided Design
- MAC101: Foundation Mathematics
ERC004: Practical Skills
This module will give you the practical skills and experience for your chosen route of academic study on a course in engineering.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by October 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course has been accredited by the RICS, the globally recognised professional body which promotes the highest international standards in land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
Facilities Management is an accredited degree. It is recognised by employers as the benchmark of quality and professionalism. Our graduates are highly sought after and work in a variety of facilities management organisations.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Explore the EIC
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page