Facilities Management (Foundation Entry)
Delve into the real-life experience of a facilities manager with a Foundation Entry degree course that keeps up with a fast-paced changing industry and focuses on sustainability.
Why study with us
- Our placement tutors have close links with industry so you’ll learn the skills and current knowledge sought by employers.
- Our Building courses are ranked joint top in the UK for career prospects with 100% (Complete University Guide 2023), whilst also ranked 6th in the UK for overall satisfaction (National Student Survey 2022).
- Studying with students on the construction project management, quantity surveying and building surveying degrees leads to beneficial knowledge sharing.
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- This course offers an optional 48-week sandwich placement in industry for full-time students between Year 2 and Year 3.
- Flexible delivery of this course allows you to study whilst in employment. Our part-time teaching is delivered just one day per week.
- Study alongside students on construction project management, quantity surveying or building surveying degrees, and even transfer course.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course has been accredited by the RICS, the globally recognised professional body which promotes the highest international standards in land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
Facilities Management is an accredited degree. It is recognised by employers as the benchmark of quality and professionalism. Our graduates are highly sought after and work in a variety of facilities management organisations.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page