Computer Networks & Security (Foundation Entry)
Our practice-based Computer Networks and Security Foundation Entry Degree will prepare you for a career in a rapidly changing industry. It’s a fascinating area to work in.
Why study with us
- You’ll learn about the latest developments in wired and wireless computer networking and security, underpinned by relevant theory providing a broad view of the networking industry.
- Supported by teaching in purpose-built laboratories, you’ll use specialist software to develop your networking and security skills.
- We emphasise practical-based learning and you’ll configure and examine wired and wireless networks.
Discover our Computer Science courses
What you'll do
- The course covers core computing skills and legal, social, ethical and commercial issues.
- You’ll gain a range of transferable skills, allowing you to work across the computing industry, as well as in other graduate careers.
- Where possible, we make software available for use on your own PC.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
View the course facilities
Accreditations and Memberships
- The CITP provides independent recognition for professionals in the IT industry. This course has accreditation leading to BCS Professional Member (MBCS), Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) and partial CEng exemption from the BCS, the professional computing body.
- The BCS are the professional body for computing and provide recognition for professionals in the IT industry. This course has accreditation leading to BCS Professional Member (MBCS), Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) and partial CEng exemption from the BCS.
- We are an Educational Member of the British Computer Society providing benefits to our students such a free BCS membership for the duration of their Computer Science course. This help connections with the tech industry through BCS mentors, enables access to bespoke events with industry experts, as well as interactive career tools include CV writer, interview simulator, personal assessments and e-learning.
This Computer Networks and Security Foundation Entry Degree is a stepping stone to a rewarding career in network security, management, design and implementation.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page