Chemistry (Foundation Entry)
On our BSc (Hons) Chemistry (Foundation Entry) course we’ll give you an introduction to all the traditional elements of physical, organic, inorganic, analytical and ‘green’ chemistry as well as a range of practical laboratory skills. During your foundation year you’ll build your confidence and become an independent learner.
Why study with us
- We’re ranked 6th in the UK for Graduate Prospects (Complete University Guide, 2022), and our courses are accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC).
- You’ll get an insight into ‘green chemistry’ and how the chemical industry is adopting revolutionary processes which are more environmentally friendly.
- Our laboratories feature state-of-the-art equipment, including mass spectrometers, NMRs and electron microscopes.
What you'll do
- During your foundation year you’ll enhance your practical skills with a variety of hands-on Biology and Chemistry laboratory sessions and Physics workshops.
- You can use this foundation year as an opportunity to get to know other foundation students on different science-based degree programmes.
- You’ll have the chance to go on an optional sandwich placement year and gain valuable industry experience.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff & chat to students.Book your place
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry. RSC are the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with a worldwide community.
Our Chemistry (Foundation Entry) course is a stepping stone to careers in the chemical, pharmaceutical and food and drink industries.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page