On our Business & Marketing Foundation Entry course you’ll develop core business skills in key areas. These include problem-solving, team work, communications, and data analysis. All of these are skills you need to succeed in the marketing industry.
Why study with us
- 1stin the North West for graduate prospects (on track)Complete University Guide (Business and Management Studies)
- 1stin the North West for student satisfactionComplete University Guide (Business and Management Studies)
10in the UK for overall positivityNational Student Survey (Business Studies) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
10in the UK for teaching on the courseNational Student Survey (Business Studies) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- Apply your skills and knowledge to live marketing projects set by our large network of industry professionals.
- Our course content is dynamic, and it evolves as business issues change - you’ll gain the skills to succeed in a changing world.
- As you progress, you’ll put theory into practice. You'll have the option of taking a one-year paid placement, short-term internships, or some volunteering.
What you'll do
- Interactive workshop sessions will develop you as an independent student. You'll develop a specific research project through survey design and analysis.
- You'll be taught by industry-experienced lecturers through a combination of seminar sessions.
- Regular guest speakers will give you perspective from some of today’s leading business minds.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
One of the highlights for me was taking part in the Two+Two Marketing Event, at which teams from UK universities get hands on with a client brief, and pitch ideas to a judging panel. Steven Bartlett (Dragons Den) offered the winner the opportunity to spend a day with him in London.
View the course facilities
This Foundation Entry programme has an equal focus on business and marketing. Because of this, our graduates are highly employable, in a wide range of business areas. These include industry, commerce and the public sector.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary