Develop the analytical and intellectual skills you’ll need for a successful career in Building Surveying. Step outside of the classroom and gain hands-on, real-world industry experience.
Our stimulating, problem-solving approach engages you with the whole building surveying process. You’ll spend time out and about in the local environment and on construction sites.
Assessment of your work is balanced between the academic requirements of a degree and the practical nature of your chosen career. Rather than writing academic essays, you’ll be producing reports and projects based on real-life scenarios.
The course is delivered flexibly, including part-time delivery just one day per week, allowing you to study whilst in employment.
There’s an optional 48-week sandwich placement in industry for full-time students between Year 2 and Year 3.
Why study with us
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment and facilities available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre.
- Our graduates are highly regarded and have secured employment with large organisations such as BAE Systems.
- Study with students on the construction project management, facilities management and quantity surveying degrees, for valuable knowledge sharing.
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- Work on live, real-world projects with commercial partners in our new Engineering Innovation Centre’s state-of-the-art facilities.
- Learn from our lecturers who have practical experience and maintain close links to the profession and industry. Many are RICS Assessors.
- Identify, analyse, evaluate and solve problems associated with the technological, economic and legal issues encountered in building surveying.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the RICS, the globally recognised professional body which promotes the highest international standards in land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- We are an academic partner with the Chartered Association of Building Engineers. CABE brings members together to share knowledge, raise standards and develop professionals. By improving collaboration across disciplines, members are able to raise competency throughout the industry.
Our Building Surveying graduates have secured employment with large organisations such as BAE Systems, Eric Wright Construction and EC Harris.
Academic and practical experience, paired with close involvement with employers, means our graduates are highly-regarded in the workplace.
Graduates progress to high-level positions, including private practice partner or senior manager in an organisation with a large property portfolio.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page