Develop the analytical and intellectual skills you’ll need for a successful career in Building Surveying. Step outside of the classroom and gain hands-on, real-world industry experience.
Why study with us
- Our Building courses are ranked joint top in the UK for career prospects with 100% (Complete University Guide 2023), whilst also ranked 6th in the UK for overall satisfaction (National Student Survey 2022).
- Our graduates are highly regarded and have secured employment with large organisations such as BAE Systems.
- Study with students on the construction project management, facilities management and quantity surveying degrees, for valuable knowledge sharing.
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- Work on live, real-world projects with commercial partners in our new Engineering Innovation Centre’s state-of-the-art facilities.
- Learn from our lecturers who have practical experience and maintain close links to the profession and industry. Many are RICS Assessors.
- Identify, analyse, evaluate and solve problems associated with the technological, economic and legal issues encountered in building surveying.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the RICS, the globally recognised professional body which promotes the highest international standards in land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
Our Building Surveying graduates have secured employment with large organisations such as BAE Systems, Eric Wright Construction and EC Harris.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Explore the EIC
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page