Develop the analytical and intellectual skills you’ll need for a successful career in Building Surveying. Step outside of the classroom and gain hands-on, real-world industry experience.
Why study with us
- 5thin the UK for student experienceTimes Good University Guide (Building)
- 6thin the UK for overall scoreGuardian University Guide (Construction, surveying and planning)
- 3rdin the UK for teaching qualityGuardian University Guide (Construction, surveying and planning)
- 7thin the UK for graduate prospectsTimes Good University Guide (Building)
- Our problem-solving approach engages you with the whole building surveying process. You’ll spend time out and about in the local environment and on construction sites.
- There’s an optional 48-week sandwich placement in industry for full-time students between Year 2 and Year 3.
- The course is delivered flexibly, including part-time delivery just one day per week, allowing you to study whilst in employment.
Take a look at some of our Engineering facilities
What you'll do
- Work on live, real-world projects with commercial partners in our new Engineering Innovation Centre’s state-of-the-art facilities.
- Learn from our lecturers who have practical experience and maintain close links to the profession and industry. Many are RICS Assessors.
- Identify, analyse, evaluate and solve problems associated with the technological, economic and legal issues encountered in building surveying.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the RICS, the globally recognised professional body which promotes the highest international standards in land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
You’ll graduate with a specialist skill set that will enable you to carry out a range of duties within the construction industry, from site-based quantity surveying to estimating, and management roles.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page